Fitz Funny Farm!!

My family is my life, my world and my whole heart!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Fighting the Facebook Feelings.....

I am not going to lie. I am experiencing a small amount of withdrawal. And by small I mean VERY minuscule. I was doing the dishes today after making what seems like 100 brownies for Enrichment tonight and the thought entered my head, "What if I just go back and REALLY whittle down my friends list to maybe just family and close close friends?". That can't be all bad, right? Then I decided that is like an alcoholic going into a bar saying "Can I just have a mini shot of Tequila?" or perhaps someone in need of help...."I'll help you a little, but that's all you're getting out of me!".
I'm learning throughout this process that my deleting Facebook has actually helped me believe in me. It probably sounds so cheesy but really! It's a proof of self control thing and a trust in myself thing. Why would I slight myself and let myself down by going back to something that I let make me feel so horrible? I miss seeing all the fun posts and seeing what my family and friends are up to, but I am so happy to be away from the negative and the energy sucking site. This is a self project. I will believe in me and I will love me. I tell so many people that I believe in them and that I will always love them no matter what. Time to tell myself that and do the things that will make and keep me happy. I can't rely on anyone else for that. (My Mama has told me that for years. Apparently I am a slow learner!) So with that said, Staying away from Facebook and focusing more on me and my home and family is the perfect start!

And I think it may be time to start using that small apparatus that sits upon my counter in the kitchen.....what is that called again???? Oh man! It is this little talking thingy! You can actually push some numbers and actually TALK to people from miles away! OH, yes! Its a PHONE! I know you're shocked at the reminder that these devices exist. I was too when I came across mine while cleaning the kitchen! I dusted that little thing off and VOILA! IT WORKS! Now my new goal is to actually use it! SO those of you that have called me in the last few days be patient with me! I am learning to delegate time to actually calling people. Or texting...lets be real, cold turkey on all technical devices would just be preposterous! :o)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! It really was almost 100 brownies!! Chocolate Heaven!

    ReplyDelete